how did my first baby just turn 10? why does time continue to go by so quickly when it comes to my kids? i have seen her go from crying baby to silly toddler to independent, big kid to what she is now, which is an amazingly smart and thoughtful young lady. i can tell you that i had hopes and dreams for her from the minute she was born and she has surpassed so many of those already. she has created new hopes and dreams of her own and i love having the opportunity to share in those with her. caroline is beyond words. how so much kindness, love, concern, genuine thoughtfulness and intelligence can be wrapped up in to one long-legged, smiling girl is beyond me. i am just so proud of her and enjoy seeing her grow in to the amazing person she already is.
(zehn is german for 10... thanks, grandma, for the shirt!)
Caroline at the age of 10:
- is true to herself, knows what she likes, and goes with it
- is in the 4th grade
- is doing an amazing job at her new school and works hard for the good grades she get
- is a string bean... tall and skinny
- wears a size 4 shoe
- is on a competition gymnastics team
- is learning german and to play the viola
- favorite shows are lab rats, jesse, and girl meets world
- still loves taylor swift
- loves to eat sushi
- is learning to sew from her grandma
- beats the boys at a basketball game called knockout
- is a writer... to include songs and fictional short stories
- is an avid reader
- cleans her own room and is always helpful w chores
- is a big marvel fan, with her favorites being capt america and iron man
- is super stylish
- great at doing her hair
- always has rubber bands around her wrist "just in case"
- sleeps w a retainer in
- plays with ever after high dolls
- makes her own oatmeal
- drinks hot tea
- still the best big sister ever
we celebrated her birthday with a dinner out with some school friends at a sushi restaurant.
i am so lucky to be her mom.
phil is so lucky to be her dad.
and hadley... well she just has no idea how good she's got it thanks to lb.