since it is only 9:30am and i am starving for lunch, my first thursday thirteen list will be of the foods i would really love to be eating right now.
13. ribs from fat matts rib shack
12. a take 5
11. cheeseburger happy meal
9. bowl of coco puffs
8. quiznos honey bacon club
7. sloppy joe sandwich
6. slice of cheese pizza
5. oreos dipped in milk
4. bowl of lucky charms cereal (a favorite of mine and sweet cheeks)
3. a snickers followed up with a dr. pepper
2. french toast with a cold glass of chocolate milk
1. a cinnamon cruncher bagel with cream cheese from panera
hopefully i will be back posting pictures soon... as soon as i find my camera. i hate being irresponsible but i so often am. i make myself crazy. sometimes i seriously think i am loosing my mind. yesterday i went to leave work and had to search 3 different levels in the parking garage because i couldn't remember which one i had parked on that day. i am too young for this.
UGHHH! i hate the paci because it ruins this adorable picture!
i know, she is cute no matter what though.
thank you girls.
5 songs that make me think about my girlfriends:
5. in your eyes- peter gabriel
4. come undone- duran duran
3. 100% pure love- crystal waters
2. linger- the cranberries
1. ice ice baby- vanilla ice
5 top tv girlfriends:
5. laverne & shirley
4. lucy & ethel
3. the golden girls
2. brenda, donna, & kelly
1. monica, rachel, & phoebe
i took her to see her very first movie on sunday. i knew if there was going to be a movie this child might sit through, it was going to be shrek the third. she absolutely loves anything and everything shrek these days. our last visit to the grocery store was a shrek shopping experience. we came home with shrek macaroni & cheese, string cheese, and yogurt. she even threw herself to the floor quite dramatically in the dairy aisle that had a shrek & donkey floor advertisement. it was so dramatic. needless to say, she is in love with the ogre. we made it through about 1 hour of the hour & 1/2 long movie. that was about an hour longer than i was exxpecting her to last. she did amazingly well in a theatre full of other kids aged 2-100. i loved that she was most proud of herself for being quit, though i attribute that to the dumdum she ate the entire time we were in there.
my last note of this post will be this: i can not stand fergie or any of her songs. how did she even put a record out. one line of her song out on the radio now actually says, "i'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket." not that all music should have quoteable lyrics but come on already. the only positive attribute i can see about fergie is her fiance, josh duhamel. enough said.
Sweet cheeks is also learning to use the potty. She wears pull ups while at school and uses the potty 3 times a day there. At home, i am not as vigiliant with making her sit on the potty as i should be. though, it is funny, she always has to pee and poop at bedtime. i struggle with the decision to let her go, since she is learning and may really have to go, or do i tell her no, make her go to bed, and feel like the worst mother in the world for making a girl who is learning to pee on the potty have to wet herself. UGHH! motherhood is seriously a tough job that one is never fully equiped for. along with potty traing comes big girl underwear and bless the licensing companies who know they will make a killing off of cartoon character big girl undies. sweet cheeks insists on wearing her backyardigans undies over her diapers (yes, i know, not the way they are intended to be worn but it works for her). did i mention that our poop book is 'miss mary mack." sweet cheeks has me read this to her a minimum of two times every time she goes to the potty. here sweet cheeks trying on her undies and i must say, she is adorable in them.
i am even considering purchasing this to entice her to the potty more often. yes, once again, these companies make a fortune off of suckers like me who will do anything for their toddler-in-training.
not only is she learning to pee, poop, and gas on the potty (her words, not mine), she is also learning to ride her bicycle, a red radioflyer trike. she is still working on getting the pedaling down and for the most part, pushes herself with her feet, but when she isn't falling over, she really does a great job with it! yes, she does wear her helmet when she rides outside.
now for fun, my list of 5 things i wish i would have had when sweet cheeks was a baby:
1. i absolutely love this bedding set from dwell baby!
2. i think it is the pink and brown combo that makes this fleurville bag so appealing. i used a backpack diaper bag a majority of the time with sweet cheeks, and still do. you can find it here.
3. this is a great highchair for the sake of saving space in your kitchen. love the convenience of it.
4. these onesies come in a pack and i love the baby's name set in the blocks.here.
5. what an original bib. the piggie is so cute.
sweet cheeks started her new school on monday. she has been so excited about this for a month now. it went just as we had hoped it would, smoothly. she seems to really like her new teachers. after her first day of school, i picked her up and her comment to me was, "miss patti is my new friend." i couldn't have hoped for a better comment.
we celebrated nana and poppop's 40th anniversary on saturday night. sweet cheeks was able to show off her new hair-do to the family. it is just so unfair to the rest of the world. no one will ever be as cute as this little girl is. she absolutely kills me. and if being blessed with good looks wasn't enough, she is a genius as well. doesn't get any better than that.
now for the things i am currently pondering:
1. do we seriously use the correct names for anatomy when teaching sweet cheeks? i was forced to make a decison when she started playing with herself. i seriously had so many silly names i had heard others call their parts running through me head. should i say it is a whowho, a front butt, tiddlywink, or teetee? i hesitated for only a moment and said, "stop playing with your vagina." sweet cheeks without a moment of hesistation laughed while saying bagina. enough said.
2. how did she become so bossy? her - "i need more chocolate milk" me- "you can have some water" her- "no, i need chocolate milk" me- "how about both?" her- "no just chocolate milk"
3. how will shonda rhimes play off burke being canned from grays anatomy? i know it is a fictional tv show but i already cringe at the ideas they are going to present us with next season. will burke have to leave seattle grace because his heart just can't take working beside christina or will he suddenly be found dead after committing suicide or will he decide to be just another doctor who goes to africa to so graciously donate his time and abilities (yup, you remember carter & luka from er "leaving" to do the same).