funny thing about birthdays, they really do happen every year. and every year i find myself wondering, how is it she is another year older?
well she is. caroline turned 8 in march and i still find myself asking where my baby went. 8! it is hard to swallow.
her 8th birthday party was a slumber party that included 2 cousins and 4 friends. 7 girls total may not sound like a lot, but believe me, when you are in thick of it 7 feels like 50! thankfully we had a lot of activities planned to keep them busy. and even with all the activities, they still found plenty of time for screams, messes, and a little chaos.
lb wearing the birthday shirt that her grandma made
yummy cake time! it was a cookie cake since
the birthday girl is not a fan of icing.
one of the party games... donuts on a string
we opted to not invest much in party favors.
rather we had a face painter come over the
next morning. it was a total hit with the girls.
Caroline at the age of 8:
- is in the 2nd grade
- loves to read A-Z mystery books
- is a katy perry fan and quickly becoming a kelly clarkson fan
- loves accessories
- loves to get pedicures
- loves to dance in the kitchen while we are cooking dinner
- goes to bed at 8:30 and wakes up at 6:30
- favorite food is ribs
- weighs 55 lbs
- wears a size 3.5 shoe
- is a super helpful, super sweet, big sister to hadley
- has lost a total of 10 teeth
- is amazing at gymnastics
- makes me nervous with the flips she likes to do
- favorite tv show is austin and ally
- loves chewy candy like swedish fish, skittles, & gummie worms
- gets more toppings than yogurt at yogli mogli
- is very funny and has a great sense of humor
- does not like any of her clothes too tight
- likes ankle socks
- is obviously a pretty particular kid
- has a lot of friends
- is always the teachers pet
- plays with barbies and american girls
- plays hide and seek with her little sister
- favorite color is anything but pink
happy 8th birthday to the world's most amazing caroline!
thanks for always being such an involved, positive role model for your baby sister.