happy 9th birthday, caroline. you rock!
this is how i remember caroline looking but i guess the above pictures tell me otherwise.
we celebrated caroline's birthday w a few of her friends and two of her cousins. her choice this year was dinner at california pizza kitchen, then back to our house for games and a cookie cake. we played tag, did a treasure hunt for goody bags, balloon pop, and a few other minute-to-win-it style games. i think all of the girls, caroline especially, had a super fun time.
the party-goers at cpk for dinner
caroline is a sweet girl and surrounds herself with other sweet girls
caroline at the age of 9:
- loves sports and anything related to sports... basketball and soccer especially
- love sporty clothes- i.e. nike & under armour
- still takes gymnastics and is pretty close to mastering a back handspring. her strength is definitely the bars
- started piano 3 months ago
- joined chorus at her school
- is in the 3rd grade
- i am not sure how tall she is but she weights 61 lbs
- she is a string bean w long, skinny legs
- had to wear two different types of mouth spacers this year to widen her upper palette. her teeth look so good and we are hoping she won't need braces ever
- had her tonsils removed in november. a not-so-fun experience but has paid off as she hasn't had strep once since
- had her first concussion thanks to a not so successful back handspring
- had a fish bone stuck in her left tonsil from a fish she caught
- went skiing for the first time with her dad
- still loves math... it is her favorite subject by far
- favorite music is still katy perry and taylor swift
- favorite tv shows are lab rats, austin & ally, and jesse
- is a fan of superheroes, especially ironman and captain america
- does not sleep anywhere but home (we are anxiously awaiting this phase to pass)
- favorite foods are steak and ribs
- is still always so thoughtful of others
- is so patient and kind with hadley. if an award was given for world's best sister, i am 100% certain caroline would win it
- for as long as i can remember, caroline's nickname from her dad and i has been "LB," which stands for little bit. this year caroline has requested we stop calling her that as she is no longer little. this saddens me
- still refuses anything in the color of pink
- doesn't really "play" with many toys anymore
- is still a small eater, more of a day grazer like myself
- had her bedroom painted turqoise, her choice
- is very afraid of bees
- doesn't eat icing or whipped cream
- loves to play outside (despite said scary bees!)
- was selected in a lottery to attend kittredge magnet school (we are still making our final decision on whether she will go or not)
- is loved by everyone due to her kind, thoughtful nature
i am so thankful for her. every day with her is a complete blessing.
she is nothing short of amazing. i am so excited for what the future holds for her.