3.27.2008

my big girl is 3!

so the big day came and went. sweet cheeks turned 3! she had a big birthday bash on saturday. her theme of choice: backyardigans! we had lots of fun, pizza, and cupcakes. it was a lot of fun watching her enjoy being the center of attention. she did more than great letting her cousins help her open her presents as well. my sweet cheeks really is great at sharing, now that she is 3. i really am so proud of my big girl.




notice that in most of her pics, when i tell her that i am taking her picture, she automatically tilts her head to the right.




do you like this action shot of sweet cheeks playing hop scotch.


my beautiful sister and I. i may be the younger one but my sister's face is aging beautifully. she is wrinkle free, unlike myself! i really have so many lines for 31!



sweet cheeks was excited for the easter bunny to visit this year. the bunny is the same now as when i was a kid because her basket was hidden. i got a kick out of watching her creep around each room of the house, tip-toes and all, till she found her basket. it was full of jelly beans, pez, a my little pony, chocolate bunny, and these cute slippers-





we managed to neatly color eggs as well.



sweet cheeks and her cousin sporting their princess heels-



***

i record american idol to watch. i decided wednesday after work/school to watch tuesday's episode while cooking dinner for sweet cheeks and me. i was so surprised by how much of the show sweet cheeks watched. she didn't pay attention to the commentaries but watched enthusiastically while the contestants were singing. this morning sweet cheeks told her dad that she didn't want to watch dragons tales because she liked it when she was a baby, and that she wanted to watch american idol. can't say he was happy about that. too funny!

***

i have seen a uk catalog, as well as their website, called vertbaudet. i really wish we had something similar to this site in the u.s. they have some really cute room decor pieces for little girls. this is one i would love to have-

2 comments:

Sara said...

Catherine had a fun time at the party. She really loved the themed goody bag too!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.